Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Premise of the Blog

This blog is not what one would consider to be a standard blog. While others are written to let readers know what is happening in the life and thoughts of the composers, this blog will have little if nothing to do with me. Instead, I plan to impart my knowledge and love of the history of this nation to you readers out there. My apologies if I occasionally get really nerdy when talking about it. I will post about various leaders in our history, their deeds, thoughts, beliefs, quotes, speeches, and whatever else my nerdy history mind decides to post. Also, I will post about historical events such as elections, battles, passages of laws, and so on and so forth. I have realized that many quotes from our past still have relevancy to our nation today. On that note, I shall leave ye, O intrepid reader, with a thought from my favorite Patriot and yours, Joseph Warren.

"Our country is in danger, but not to be despaired of. Our enemies are numerous and powerful; but we have many friends, determining to be free, and heaven and earth will aid the resolution. On you depend the fortunes of America. You are to decide the important question, on which rest the happiness and liberty of millions yet unborn. Act worthy of yourselves."

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow! you figured out the header. I wish I could remember how to do it. It looks fantastic.